Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer Squash


Well summer is officially here and so is our first Squash crop.  My husband picked these from the garden today.  We have two large squash plants and two smaller ones that are quickly catching up.  I can report that the cucumbers finally seem to be taking off as well.  Two of my three cucumber plants that I started from seed are now flowering.  The tomato plants are taking over everything.  Each of my two tomato plants is approximately 4' high and out of control.  There are tons of green tomatos on the vines.  I hope that these will be red, ripe, and ready to pick in a couple of weeks.  Just to recap, so far we have harvested radishes, romaine lettuce, sugar snap peas, and now squash.  All of this from a small raised bed and it is only the middle of June!



No comments:

Post a Comment