Monday, December 3, 2012

ART........Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!



We have lived in current house now for 2-1/2 years now and sadly there are still several bare walls to be addressed.  This is why I am so excited to finally have a piece of art for the dining room.  As an interior designer, I select art prints for various projects fairly often.  This piece is called "Riverbank Reflection" by the artist Robert Holman and it has been a favorite of mine now for several years.  Thanks to Mike Morefield with the "Final Touch" frame shop (423-727-8852), I now have this piece to admire in my own home.  I love the soft color blends of green, yellow, blues, and gray.  Now, I just need to get a new table and chairs, rug, a few more pieces of art, maybe a new light, and then I can call this room done (phew!).

On to another room that was in need of some art, I recently got a photograph from my mother framed for my main floor bath.


 My mother is now retired and focusing her attention to her beloved hobby of many years, photography.  Her primary interest is nature photography but she also does architectural work and candid portraiture as well.  The photograph she gave me for my bathroom is a beautiful flower. If anyone is interested in her work please feel free to email me  at baileylaura@live.com .  I found a complimentary frame to the ones I used for my butterfly prints at "Michaels". The full story behind my butterfly prints can be found by clicking here.

I am currently working on some more family related "ART" for my foyer.  I will be sharing the outcome of this project soon.  Has anyone else scored some nice art pieces lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment