Tuesday, April 29, 2014

How to Make Your Own Map Pennant



Slowly but surely, I am working to add more "big boy" personality to my four year old son's room.  You can read about our recent transition from nursery to toddler room here.  I really like the look of a fun pennant in a child's room.  I decided to make my own from materials I had on hand.

Materials:
Old State Road Map
Twine
Template (A Pirate Pennant from a Birthday Celebration)


How To:
I just unfolded my road map and then traced the outline of the template five times with a blue pen.  I then cut small slits on each side of my "flags", so I could slide the twine through.  I hung the pennant with some washi tape and called the project done.



The great thing about this project is how easy and versatile it is.  You can use any heavy weight paper (card stock, scrap book paper, posters, etc) to make your own personalized banner.  If you have a good template, this project only takes about 15 minutes.

Have a great day!

-Laura-

No comments:

Post a Comment