Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ready to Grow


Well it seems that Spring has officially sprung.  My Camellia bush is in full bloom.  I was a bit worried it might not bloom this year due to our up and down temperatures, but it is just as beautiful as ever.  I posted a picture of its first bloom in this post, click here. 




The rose bush I bought for a super deal at our local "Evergreen" store last summer has sprouted out several new leaves.  You can check out all of the details on my  garden bargains from last year by clicking here.   I hope this bush really takes off this year.

Last weekend I planted the first items in the garden.  Home Depot was having a sale on their "Bonnie" plants.  The sale was 5 plants for $10, just $2/piece.  I bought some baby spinach, romaine lettuce, sweet basil, flat parsley, and a sweet cherry tomato plant.  I still have some room for a few more things.   Before planting, I added a top layer of new garden soil.




2012 Sugar Peas
 
I am thinking about planting some more sweet peas because they were so tasty last year.  Any suggestions for other tasty...easy to grow.. items?




No comments:

Post a Comment