Friday, July 5, 2013

Fun And Useful Kitchen Accessories

 
 
I have been eyeing these Martha Stewart "chalkboard labels" for a couple of months now.  I even pinned them to this "kitchen and laundry accessories" Pinterest board click here.  Unfortunately these labels are only sold at "Staples" and the closest store is in a town a little over 30 miles away. Luckily my thoughtful mother-in-law and father-in-law were in this town recently and stopped in to pick these up for me. 


Now my plain glass kitchen canisters are dressed up with some snazzy labels. 
and here is the close-up
The great thing about the chalkboard labels is how easy it will be to change.  If my straw canister becomes spaghetti, all I have to do is erase and re-write the label.  I haven't tested this out yet, but these labels are also supposed to have an "easy" to remove adhesive if you decide you don't want to use the label anymore.

basket, filled to the brim

My other little find for the kitchen is my new fruit bowl.  I have been looking for an "open" wire fruit basket for some time.  An open design is supposed to help keep your fruit fresh longer by letting air circulate around your produce.  Most of the ones I have found were either too expensive or too "funky modern".  I found this little guy at TJ Maxx for just $4.99....yep sold!  The bottom of the wire basket is dipped in red wax, so it doesn't slip or scratch your counter top.  The open flat design also holds an amazing amount of fruit and veggies.



No comments:

Post a Comment