Monday, July 15, 2013

Garden Blooms and Veggies

Hibiscus Bloom, I got this plant for $2 last fall on clearance at Lowes.  I thought it died over the winter, but it is back and beautiful.
Rain, rain, and more rain makes for beautiful garden flowers and veggies.  So far this year, I have been able to harvest sugar snap peas, spinach, cucumbers, and just this week I brought in my first cherry tomatoes. 

Garden June 17, 2013 
Garden June 28, 2013
Can you believe how the tomato plants have taken off?  I feel like I have to add new support/stakes everyday just to keep up with these plants.

Cucumbers
Last year I didn't have any luck growing cucumbers.  This year they are coming out like gangbusters.  I planted these from seed, whereas last year I bought plants.  They must love all the rain!

Garden boundary marigolds; to help keep pests away from the garden goods.


Sweet Cherry Tomatoes
Peas on the stalk

Sugar Snap Peas

 
I can't wait for these little ones to ripen.
Is anyone else having garden success?  I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment