Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Favorite Snack


This year I am trying to be more health conscious with both more exercise and smarter eating habits.  I have been seeing several "protein energy ball" recipes on the web lately and several weeks ago I thought I would give them a try.   I am now hooked on these tasty treats.

Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup of coconut flakes
1/2 cup of peanut butter or almond butter
1/2 mini-choc chips (you substitute raisins or dried cranberries to make this lighter)
1/2 flax seed (optional)
1/3 cup of honey or agave nectar (both choices are tasty)
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all of your ingredients in a bowl and then refrigerate for at least an hour before rolling into balls.  I make the balls really small.  Just one little bite is really filling and can curb your sweet tooth.


Here is to sweet treats that don't leave you feeling guilty!

-Laura-

No comments:

Post a Comment