Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sofa Pillow Refresh




I found this colorful fabric at "Hobby Lobby" several months back.  I love the mix of colors: turquoise, navy, brown, gold, coral, green, etc.  My house is pretty neutral, so I thought is would be fun to add a bit of color to the sofa with some new pillow covers.  I am not a great seamstress, so I once again went with envelope pillow covers.  You can see my first attempt at envelope pillow covers and a tutorial link here.






These pillow covers are incredibly easy to make.  I had some really soft navy blue corduroy on hand which I used for the "flip" side of the covers.  For less than $5, I now have some color to brighten up the family room.  The great thing is I can change these out whenever I want. Yeah for easy to make envelope pillow covers!

I really need a new sofa, but with two little ones (and their sticky hands) I am not in a rush to replace it.  A few new accessories help me to bide my time.

I am thinking about ordering this throw that is currently on sale at "West Elm".

 

It is currently $9.99 with an extra 15% off through Monday the 19th.  Here is the link.

I think the navy and ivory will be perfect with my new pillows.   At this price, what's not to love.

There is nothing better than some budget friendly accessories to refresh your space.

Update: (5/27/14)




My new throw from "West Elm" is here!  Love it!

-Laura-

No comments:

Post a Comment