Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Room to Grow




Baby Watermelon

This is my third year to plant a garden.  I am still amazed to watch a tiny seed/plant turn into food for my family's table.  This year I filled my raised bed garden to the brim and needed more space.  My husband came up with the solution by building a planter box for our deck. He used mainly scrap wood to build the frame and only spent around $10 on new lumber. I pulled the left over trim paint from our recent siding project and slapped on a coat.  After a coat of paint, soil, and veggies, the planter box garden is ready to grow. 



I have also been trying to grow a dwarf cucumber plant in a pot; so far it is doing well.




This season I have harvested some sugar peas, cucumbers, and a few carrots.  Soon I hope to start gathering tomatoes.








Anyone else growing their own vegetables this year?  Tips on overcoming our drought?

-Laura-

No comments:

Post a Comment