Friday, August 24, 2012

Pop Goes the Yellow!







A project that has been on my "to-do-list" for a long time now is to recover the outdoor cushions for my bistro deck chairs.  The bistro chairs and table came from a season-end clearance at  Lowes about three years back.  The set was outfitted with bright red seat cushions.  The cushions were never my favorite but after just one summer of sun-drenched days the cushions were in really pitiful shape. Last week, I found some bright & cheery yellow outdoor fabric 50% off at Hancock fabrics.  I only had to purchase 1-1/4 yards of fabric for this project.  With the discount, that was only $12 worth of material.  





Faded Out Cushions
I used the old fabric as the pattern for the new cushions.  The cushion fill and ties were in good shape (practically brand new actually) so I was able to reuse them.

(Original Cushion Fill) In great shape and ready to be reused.

I love this outdoor fabric.  It is from the "Dwell Studio" collection by Robert Allen.

I was able to reuse the black ties from the original cushions.

The original cushions had "tufting" which gave them a more tailored look.  The "tufting" was done by pulling yarn through and knotting it.  I am considering adding this detail to the new cushions, any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment