Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Free for All", Artwork


I was recently reading an article in the July issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine (one of my favorite magazines).  The article mentioned that the New York Public Library has a "digital gallery" where you can go and print artwork for free.     For a link to the site click here.  I went and checked out their website and found the above Octopus prints. I printed these out "for free" and then found some inexpensive frames at Big Lots.  My total investment is only $10 for both frames and now I have some artwork to look at in the master bath (shower room).  We haven't gotten around to renovating this space yet, so the wall paint color is not my favorite but now I at least have something nice to look at.

$5 "Big Lots" frames

Printout from New York Public Library "Digital Gallery"




Tip:  When searching the digital art gallery from the New York Public Library, be sure to put in a keyword topic to search.  There are literally thousands of images.  If you are looking for some "Jelly Fish" prints, just type this into the search window. 

Along the lines of nautical themed art, one day when I have more money saved up I would love to purchase these prints shown below from "Ballard Designs".  Maybe they will go on sale one day ( a girl can dream).



Here is a link to the Ballard Designs website for those of you who like the above prints as much as I do.  I am however, not  a fan of the frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment