Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Some Christmas Decor for Our Front Door

 
I am not a big black Friday shopper, but I do try to make a point to stop by Home Depot for some specials on fresh holiday decor.  For the last several years, I have purchased 99 cent poinsettias and some five dollar garland to spruce up the house for the Christmas season.  This year I picked up (7) poinsettias and one strand of cedar garland.  My total out of pocket was just $12 +tax.   I plan to keep (3) poinsettias for myself and give the rest away.  In the past the poinsettias were just available in red but this year I was pleasantly surprised to find white and pink as well .  Once I was home with my goodies and got my boys to bed for nap time I started to work on the front door decor.
 
 


I took the five dollar garland and draped it over the front door using some 3M Command hooks (I love these things!).  I had some excess garland that I put aside to make a wreath. I had an old twig and pinecone/berry wreath that I purchased years ago.  I thought it would be nice to spruce this wreath up with a bit of white spray paint and the fresh cedar garland.





I just used some green floral wire to attach the fresh cedar to the existing wreath frame.





The last touch was to add some white lights to make the door sparkle in the cool evening air. Has anyone else found some bargains on Christmas decor this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment