Sunday, October 6, 2013

If you like it, then you got to put a "Wreath" on it.



As you may have guessed the title of this post was inspired by song lyrics from Beyonce: sorry I couldn't resist the play on words.  Lately I have become obsessed with all things made from felt.  I have been "pinning" all kinds of felt projects lately.  You can check out all of my felt inspiration by clicking on my "Pinterest" board here.  The wreath above is inspired by a design I found in an Etsy shop via "Pinterest".  This wreath is very simple to make.  I purchased a pre-made grapevine wreath from "Michaels" for $4.99 and a handful of felt sheets (5/$1).  All in all this project was around $8 in material cost.

You simply make your felt rosettes by first cutting out a round circle.  I used a CD as a template.  After you cut out your circle, you fold it to find the center point and mark with a pencil.  Next you start at the edge and cut around in toward the center point.  You end up with a curly Q strip.  Take the center point and wrap it under the surrounding fabric creating a roll as you go. I would wrap a half turn, glue, then repeat.  Once you get to the end of your curly Q strip, you have a rosette.





I used cream, tan, and orange felt squares to create my autumn wreath.  This design can easily be tailored for all seasons and holidays with your color selections. 






I love the touch of fall this wreath adds to the entry.  It makes me crave pumpkin bread and apple cider.

Have a wonderful day.

--Laura--

No comments:

Post a Comment