Friday, January 10, 2014

A little birdie told me......to stencil




Around Christmas I picked up a "Martha Stewart" stencil kit, using a half off coupon at "Michael's".  I have been itching to use it on something, and decided I would give it a try on the lampshade I spray painted a few weeks back in the master bedroom.  Just as a recap, here is a photo of the lamp/shade before:

original

spray painted blue

For full post on spray painting a lamp shade, click here.



I wasn't entirely happy with the end result of my painted lamp shade.  I thought, "what have I got to lose by adding a stencil".  Turns out, I really like the shade now that it has the stencil detail.  I may still change the shade out for something new down the road, but here's to making the most of what I've got.



Oh...what will I stencil next?

-Laura-

No comments:

Post a Comment