Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year, Project 1



New Year's day was really beautiful here .  The temperature was in the 50's and we had lots of sunshine.  I took the camera along for a walk in the backyard with my boys and  Cody dog.  Above is a view of the creek in our backyard. 

I have big plans for lots of projects this year, some big  and some small.  Up first, is a simple little paint revamp for an old jewelry box of mine. I got this jewelry box back in high school.

Here is the before shot:

It is hard to believe I was once in to these pastel tones and cherubs.

Now for the after:



With a fresh coat of white spray paint, I can now use this with my grown-up furnishings.  I just did a thin coat, which lets a bit of the original color show through.

Have you given new life to an outdated piece from your high school years recently?  I would love to hear about it.

Here is to the new year!

-Laura-

No comments:

Post a Comment