Friday, May 4, 2012

Dressing Up the Front Porch





Our Front Porch is in need of several upgrades. For one, we would eventually like to replace our front door but for now I have made a few small changes to dress it up.  Last year we got a metal bench.  It was on end of the season clearance at Lowes.  We put this bench beside the front door as a stopping place for visitors and a place to change shoes as you come and go.  This year I added some outdoor pillows for color.  This porch is shaded most of the day, so I selected some shade loving caladium and vinca vine to go in my new red planter.  I found the planter and plants at Lowes.

The welcome mat was an inheritance from the previous owner of our house.  I am currently searching for one that better suits our tastes.  Any source tips/recommendations are appreciated.








No comments:

Post a Comment